Unified Standard Format Markers (USFM) is a plain text markup widely used for encoding the digital text for scripture translations. It is the standard format applied to translations developed within ParaTExt. Unified Scripture XML (USX) is a closely related XML format for digital scripture translation text. The largest collection of USX encoded scripture is currently found within the Digital Bible Library.
Current USFM Discussion
- Clarify use of 'strong' attribute when word repetition occurs in Hebrew or Greek
- Word level attributes - morphology?
- Documentation formatting error under Linking attributes
- What is the USFM equivalent to the OSIS colophon type of div element?
- Clarify status of space before or after commas in attribute lists