Unified Scripture XML (USX) is an XML format used for encoding the digital text for scripture translations. The structure, elements, and attributes are derived significantly from the close association USX has with USFM (Unified Standard Format Markers), an older alternative markup scheme for scripture still in widespread use. The largest collection of USX encoded scripture is currently found within the Digital Bible Library.
USX on Github – https://github.com/ubsicap/usx
Recent Issues or Change Requests
for Strongs Numbers and or the newer Goodrick/Kohlenberger Numbers, morph etc.
- open#48 `ph` style is not part of the USX 2.6/3.0 rnc schema but is mentioned in documentation
- closed#46 Example of non-decimal verse and chapter ID's
- open#45 Support XSD schema
- closed#44 License for USX?
- closed#43 Only require figure attributes for style and filename
- closed#42 Fix for double strongs references
- open#41 User Defined Attributes throwing a error when using supplied RNG
- closed#40 An example 3.0 USX Bible for testing
- open#39 Available parsers?
- open#38 Introduction Wrappers
- closed#37 Current chapter identification attributes (add chapter@sid,eid)
- closed#36 Add @category to documentation for note@style ef
- closed#35 Document use of link-href attribute for char@style xt
- closed#34 Current verse identification attributes (add verse@sid,eid; add para@vid; add cell@vid)
- closed#33 Text refrain (restore para@style pr)
- closed#32 Superscript (add char@style sup)
- closed#31 List of witnesses in footnotes (add char@style fw)
- closed#30 Schema fixes
- closed#29 Correct regex for @number attributes in documentation
- closed#28 Alternative language table of contents text (add para@style toca1,toca2,toca3)
- closed#27 Milestones for quotations (add ms@style qt1-s,qt2-s,qt3-s,qt4-s,qt5-s,qt1-e,qt2-e,qt3-e,qt4-e,qt5-e)
- closed#26 Support milestones (add element ms)
- closed#25 Deprecate pronunciation info content style (char@style pro) in favour of ruby annotations proposal
- closed#24 Ruby annotations (add char@style rb)
- closed#23 Link text (add char@style jmp)
- closed#22 Common peripheral identifiers (periph@id)
- closed#21 Support for peripheral content (non-scripture project text)
- closed#20 Descriptive attributes for char@style w
- closed#19 Support word-level linking attributes for