Unified Standard Format Markers (USFM) is a plain text markup widely used for encoding the digital text for scripture translations. It is the standard format applied to translations developed within ParaTExt. Unified Scripture XML (USX) is a closely related XML format for digital scripture translation text. The largest collection of USX encoded scripture is currently found within the Digital Bible Library.
Current USFM Discussion
- Some thoughts on cross-references, especially for non-Roman scripts
- Word level attributes markup for words within \wj ...\wj*
- The chapter label marker \cl and languages where # precedes the word for "Chapter"?
- Corner case usage for \va_#\va* (or even \vp_#\vp*)
- Nesting of \+add ...\+add* within a glossary word ?